Sunday 8 September 2013

Scarecrow Cards

Well Thanksgiving is rolling around again and I find myself in the same situation as last year. Four Thanksgiving cards to make for the Grandkids and not a single cute Thanksgiving image in my possession.

Enter Pinterest.  I had pinned an adorable scarecrow card made by Rae Harper-Burnet    (http://wildwestpaperarts.com) and decided it would be perfect!  I made one for Olivia and one for Ethan  - each one with a different coloured hat.


The face and hat are creatively cut using the Stampin' Up 'Top Note' die - thanks so much for sharing this idea, Rae!


Olivia's scarecrow has a little glitter added.  :-)  I used Spellbinders dies to cut the ovals for the eyes, and the nose is a Sizzix banner die just trimmed down a little. After drawing on the mouth and attaching the nose, I ran the face through the Big Shot with a Stampin' Up embossing folder. I love that it looks like burlap!


The back side was also cut with the Top Note die, and I added an oval to stamp and write our greeting on.


I used a crimper on a scrap of kraft card stock then trimmed that down into narrow strips  & crumpled them with my hand to make the 'straw hair'. While I could have added twine etc, Olivia is only two and Ethan is one year old. Any further details would be lost on the little ones.



So these are the two cards that we will give the Grandkids. My parents will need a card for each of them as well, so I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on to come up with another two.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. wow------- how sweet is this?

    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, these are just SO adorably SWEET!
    They will love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen