Thursday 5 September 2013

Birthday Accordian Flip Card

Today's share is a 'Three Panel Accordian Flip Card', made using Karen Burniston's fun die and her Bracket & Frame die.  I didn't have the 2nd die for the first couple of Accordian Flip cards I made, but it really does make cutting the decorative panels easier and I'm glad I was able to add it to my die collection.  Here is the card closed ...


I used bright and cheerful paper from my stash and a bunch of different dies & punches. The patterned paper is embossed and sparkly too!  The smallest butterfly on the card front is a Martha Stewart punch, and I added a butterfly 'body' by punching a Stampin' Up slot and adding glitter. The 'Happy Birthday' banner was hand trimmed.

Here is the card opened:


You can see I used the same slot punch on these layered die cut butterflies (Stampin' Up) too.

 

Finally, here is a look at the back side:   (Birthday word stamps by Papertrey Ink)


I am really liking this die ... :-)

A lot.

In fact, with all the interactive Sizzix dies, I'm having trouble making a simple 'flat' card anymore!

(Remember you can always see my other Sizzix Accordian Flip cards by looking under LABELS on the right then scrolling down to 'S'.)

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen