Thursday 3 April 2014

Wreath and Bird Sympathy Card

Good morning friends!

I have had to make a couple of Sympathy cards recently, so wanted to share this first one. I added some Double Sided Adhesive to a sheet of white card stock, then cut out the wreath die. After removing the remaining adhesive liner, I added some Silk Microfine Glitter and polished it in with my finger.  Then, I added bits of foam tape to the back side so it would be ready to add to the card front. TIP: Peel the adhesive backing off SLOWLY, glittering a few of the leaves at a time. Polish and adhere carefully, or the wreath could tear.


I had added the whole sheet of bird Peel-Off's to some water colour paper and water coloured all of them with Tombow markers and a wet brush. Each of the birds were a different colour combo, and I liked the colours on this one so fussy cut it out to use with the wreath. Then I decided the colours were too muted. So I spritzed the pots of Twinkling H2O's with the Tombow Mister, and when the paint was activated I painted the bird to give it some shimmer and shine.


Elizabeth Craft Designs has some beautiful new embossing folders, so I used one on both the white panels. (There is one on the outside and one on the inside of the card.)


I also added some Glitter Dots to the wreath and the bird.



Here is a peek at the inside ...


The green border was made with a strip of double sided tape, and I added the same Green Peridot glitter to it and polished it with my finger. When you polish the glitter, it really comes to life - plus, you know the card won't be shedding glitter all over the place.



Supplies used:
Wreath die - 731 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Bird Peel-Off's - 2350 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glitter Dots - 7018 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Embossing Folder - 119, Swirly Leaves (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Double Sided Adhesive - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Silk Microfine Glitter, 635 Spring Peridot - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Score Tape
Patterned Paper - Heidi Grace
White card stock
Foam tape
Twinkling H2O's
Water colour paper
Tombow Markers
Water brush
Stamp - Stephanie Barnard, Stamps of Life



Thanks for stopping by today!


3 comments:

  1. love the colours of the bird- this card is fantastic
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card, I love the colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet those birds look beautiful with a bit of H2O's on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen