Wednesday 16 April 2014

Birthday Roses

Good morning friends!

I haven't participated in any of my favourite card challenges in a VERY long time, so for today's share I wanted to play along with 'Seize The Birthday'.  I made two CAS (clean and simple) cards that will go into my donation box for Seniors Secret Service.



I used Bazill textured card stock for the card base and the popped up panel, and die cut the images from the wonderful VELVET Adhesive sheets by Elizabeth Craft Designs. Lovely stuff ... and the fact that it's self-adhesive is a bonus!


It's hard to get a picture of the soft flocking in photos though ...


The 'Topping' option for the sketch was to go 'White on White'.  Since the rose dies were still on my table, I used the smaller rose from the set for my second card.



Both the rose and the words are a little sparkly from my Wink of Stella glitter brush pen. :-)


It feels like it's been a long time since I've done a simple card and even longer since I've done one that isn't a Pop-Up! I'm hoping I can participate in more challenges in the coming months, and I'm sure I'll manage to sneak in more than a couple of Pop it Up cards.

Supplies used:
Both cards are a standard A2 size.
White textured card stock - Bazzill
White card stock - Papertrey Ink
Rose die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Happy Birthday die - Elizabeth Craft Designs 
Embossing Folder - Karen Burniston, Elizabeth Craft Designs 
Red Velvet Adhesive Sheet - Elizabeth Craft Designs 
Green Velvet Adhesive Sheet - Elizabeth Craft Designs


 Thanks for stopping by today!


5 comments:

  1. I love this simple style of the cards
    Elm,a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Love both of these! The white on white is so elegant and the splash of red looks gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous CAS style cards Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty CAS cards! I love all of the embossing on the white on white card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cards these are, Karen!
    I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen