Saturday 26 April 2014

Garden Shed House Pivot Card

Good morning friends!

I received some FABULOUS Happy Mail this week ... Karen Burniston sent me her new House Pivot die. I have been itching to play with it since it was released last month and I have made 3 cards already. Plus, I had to start writing down all the ideas - this is going to be a FUN die to play with!

For this card, I reversed the folds so the fence is on the front rather than the house. In order to accomplish that, I cut the die on the OUTSIDE fold, rather than the inside fold.


Getting the patterned panel on the front took a bit of fiddling, but I'm glad I did it AND got it to work. Since the die could not cut through 4 layers of heavyweight patterned paper (I know - I tried and had to toss the first effort) - I added the green panel to the blue printed one. The panel was 6" square. Then I cut the fence portion of the House Pivot on the very left edge of the panel. I cut away the fence portion, then started trimming the top/bottom/right edge. Slowly. A bit at a time. When I was happy with it I attached the panel to the front of the card. Whew.


The House Pivot die comes with wonderful decorator dies ... sweet windows & window boxes, a door and door frame, a fence picket (which can also be a candle), chimney and roof gable. I have yet to use anything but the roof gable and fence picket ... but I did cut a window so I could just play with it. So cute.


Frances Byrne has amazing stamps - and I'm afraid a number of us on the same design teams as Frances are finding lots of new-to-us companies to become customer's of. CC Designs is one that I have placed a couple of orders through, and the words on the card are from them.


The house portion has a wonderful brick pattern you can quickly emboss into it - but since I was using this woodgrain paper I didn't use that feature on this card.


I have had these 3-d stickers for YEARS so it was wonderful to use some of them on this card. Not often I have had a use for garden tools and glove stickers.


Finally, here are the views from the back and the top ...



Be sure to check with your local retailer for Karen Burniston's newest Pop it Ups die ... the House Pivot. These are wafer thin dies that are easy to ship and easy to store, so they ship world wide. Have your retailer contact Elizabeth Craft Designs directly to place their order.

Also, Karen Burniston has a YouTube video showing how to assemble the House Pivot Card die - click HERE to see the video.

Supplies used:
Card Size - 5" square
House Pivot Card die - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper - Crate Paper
White card stock
3-d Stickers - K & Co.
Word stamp - CC Designs
Wink of Stella - because I can't seem to make a card and NOT use it anymore.
Tombow Markers


Thanks for stopping by today!


5 comments:

  1. You have so much woderful dies! And you make so fantastic cards with it!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha ... Glad you are enjoying your new stamps! Loving your shed pivot card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, what a great sample of the House Pivot die! Love this card, very cute! Joset

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME AWESOME Love that you did three right away...you Rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, Karen, this is SO adorably SWEET!
    One of my favorites! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen