Saturday 19 April 2014

Watercolour Flowers

Good morning friends ... unfortunately I have had to make another sympathy card. This one has to cross the ocean, so I decided to go with a flat card instead of a Pop it Up.

I started by cutting some Elizabeth Craft Designs (ECD) dies from 140# water colour paper. You can see the floral paper in the background - that was going to be the main panel on the front of the card. This is the paper that I ordered 30 sheets instead of 3, so I'll be using it a fair bit. 


I scribbled onto the plastic palette with my Tombow Dual Brush Pens, then picked up the colour with a wet brush and painted my die cuts.


It didn't take long for everything to dry, then I touched up the die cuts with my Wink of Stella pen and attached the flowers with foam tape.


The words were attached with a glue pen, which is quick & easy and to do.






Supplies used:
White card stock
Floral patterned paper - Basic Grey
Word die - 791 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Flower die - 795 Big Flower Set 1, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Leaf trio die - 796 Big Triple Leaf
Flower Stamin - 701 Flower Set 1
Water colour paper (140#)
Tombow Markers
Wink of Stella


Thanks for stopping by today!



2 comments:

  1. again you create such wonderful card
    Hello and Happy Easter from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty this is, Karen!
    As I mentioned before, I absolutely love that pretty paper!
    Use it all you want, and I'll continue to admire it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen