Monday 7 April 2014

Stand-Up Sympathy Card

Good morning friends ...


Unfortunately I have had to make a couple of sympathy cards. While I wish they were never needed, when I do make one I hope that the recipient can tell they were made with love. This one went to a friend who lost her mother. 


I used a new die, called a Stand-Up die.  My friend Betty made me a Stand-Up card for my birthday and I was so curious as I'd never seen one before. When my brother gave me $$ for my birthday, I knew I would use it to purchase this die set and I used it for the first time on this card.


Elizabeth Craft Designs has lots of different word dies, including this 'With Sympathy'. The delicate flourish is also an ECD die.


Here is a look at the inside ...



I had to make a custom envelope to mail the card in as I didn't have one that would fit. But that makes it even more special.

Supplies used:
Stand-Up die set - Cheery Lynn designs
Patterned paper - Heidi Grace
White card stock
Word stamps - Stamps of Life
With Sympathy die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Flourish With Flowers die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper for envelope - K & Co.
Score Pal

Thanks for stopping by today!








3 comments:

  1. Step cards are another fun card, and that die makes them sooo easy. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. like it Karen
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Karen, I love this step-card and the pretty papers!
    This die is certainly made for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen