Wednesday 9 April 2014

Easter Bunny Trio

Good morning friends!

I've been able to spend the past couple of days getting lots of cuddles in with our newest Grandbaby (Zachary). He seems soooooo tiny! Olivia is still madly in love with him, and even Ethan is coming around.


I wanted to make the Grandkids some cute Easter cards, and have been seeing versions of this one all over Pinterest. When I saw THIS one by Nancy Amato though, I knew I had the one I wanted to make. Especially since I also had the new word bubbles stamp set from Stampin' Up.  :-)


To create the bunny, I used dies from both Karen Burniston's Oval Accordion set and the Circle Accordion set ... even the little heart for the nose is in the Accordion Oval!  The eyes were cut from black card stock scraps using one of the circles in an Elizabeth Craft Designs Flower Die set and I touched each one with a white gel pen.


Now the word bubbles were facing the wrong way, but I just flipped them over and used the 'wrong' side. I penned their names using Tombow markers, and the background uses one of the new embossing folders at Elizabeth Craft Designs.

Since Olivia loves everything girly (including Pink and Purple), her bunny got Stickles on the nose, and a few Glitter Flower Peel-Off's.  Not to leave them out, the boy bunny noses got a lick from my Wink of Stella glitter pen. :-)


I think they turned out pretty cute, and I know the kids will love them. Well, Olivia and Ethan will. At 2-1/2 and 1, they have this card thing figured out! Zachary will be a month old and probably won't really care.  

Supplies used:
All three cards are the standard A2 size
White card stock
Coloured card stock - Colorbok
Dots embossing folder - E114, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Ovals - Oval Accordion, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Circles - Circle Accordion, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Eyes - 701 Flower Set 1, Elizabeth Craft Designs
White Sakure gel pen
Glitter Flower Peel-Off's - 7048, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Speech Balloon die - Stampin' Up
Tombow Markers

Thanks for stopping by today!





4 comments:

  1. Super cute cards and of course Zachary is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulation to your grandson! He is so sweet!

    In october we will have the 4th grandkid!

    The bunnycards are wonderful
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. liebe karen...herzlichen glückwunsch zum süssen winzling und auch zu deinen herzigen osterkärtlein kann man dich beglückwünschen....allerliebst gelungen---
    liebe grüsse
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards Karen. I hope you are having a wonderful visit with your family....especially the newest member Zachary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen