Sunday 6 April 2014

Shimmery Butterfly Pivot for Easter

Good morning friends!

I wanted to send a Pop it Ups card to a Pen-Pal for Easter, so decided to go with the Butterfly Pivot.


The card is a standard A2 size, and I used the Agatha Edges to cut the decorative edge on the right from Shimmer Sheetz. Then, I embossed it - the embossing folder is called Swirly Curves, but it reminds me of a butterfly wing. (I love that embossing folder). I also cut the butterfly overlay from the same Shimmer Sheetz. It shimmers and shines and is just beautiful!


On the inside, I added two patterned paper panels cut with the Agatha Edges and penned the words with a Tombow Marker. These are dual tipped markers - brush at one end, fine point marker on the other.


See how the Shimmer Sheetz catches the light? It's SO irridescent & reflective and changes colours as the card is turned. Perfect for a butterfly!


Finally, here is the card from the back ...


She is going to love this when she opens it, I just know it.

Supplies used:
Butterfly Pivot - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Agatha Edges - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Shimmer Sheetz - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Embossing Folder - E119 Swirly Curves, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned card stock - Prima 


Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Karen, love that shimmer sheetz butterfly and edge

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah Karen love this, very eye catching, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karen! I love how you used the Shimmer Sheetz for the butterfly overlay and the embossed edges. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen