Friday 25 April 2014

Birthday Fishes - a Flip-It Card

Good morning friends!

It's Flip-It Friday here on my blog, and I have a birthday Flip-It card to share today. But before I get to it, I just HAVE to share that Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge Team got a sneak peek yesterday at some of the new Pop it Ups release.

Oh My. I can't give you details, but I can say that they will be released sometime in June and that will give you lots of time to use them for the December HOLIDAYS.  Shhhhhhh. 


I am having SO much fun with my new Paper Smooches  (www.papersmoochesstamps.com) goodies, I just had to make a card for Seniors Secret Service using this cute fish. I'm entering it into the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, which is "Anything Goes" this week!


I'm also entering this card over at 'Seize The Birthday', where it's also an 'Anything Goes' challenge.



Here is another look at the card.  I used three different sheets of Lawn Fawn paper. Actually cut into the pad of paper. I've been hoarding it and my heart was racing as I started to cut. Sheesh. I thought the blue patterned paper would work well with the tree one to mimic lake water.


Inside I combined "Reel Great" from the My Guy set, with the 'Birthday Wishes' from the Party Posse set.  Gotta love a good pun.


You can see I also added the punched label I usually do, as a place to sign the card so the writing doesn't show when the card is first viewed in the closed position.


... AND I added some narrow black Peel-Off border stickers on each edge. Once you start working with those, you can't stop!



Supplies used:
Circle Flip-It - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Patterned paper - Lawn Fawn (Into the Woods)
Fish, Rod and words - Paper Smooches 'My Guy' stamp set
Birthday Wishes - Paper Smooches 'Party Posse' stamp set
White card stock
Border Peel-Off - 1167 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Circle dies - Spellbinders
Label punch - Stampin' Up
Tombow markers
Wink of Stella (on the fish and fishing line)

Thanks for stopping by today!



5 comments:

  1. like it!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card - love the flip-it. So fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Smooches Sparks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love all the different patterns! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made a flip card but you are inspiring me to try it!
    I'm so glad you played along with us at Seize the Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen