Thursday 17 April 2014

Owl Birthday

Good morning friends!

Today's share is a card I made for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.



This week's challenge is a photo challenge - below is the inspiration photo ...

 

 ... and the card that was inspired by it.


Of course I made a Pop it Ups card  - this one is already on it's way to a friend who is celebrating a birthday next week.

I have some new Paper Smooches goodies, and used them here ... the 'Quoteables' dies are going to be SO much fun. The one without the speech 'point' makes a great little hill....


The owl is completely adorable ... I paper pieced her and the little branch.  For the Pop-up, I used the Lots of Pops die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.



Finally I decided the owl needed to be a little more festive and I didn't want to add a balloon and hide the pretty banner background paper. So I stamped a Lawn Fawn party hat, fussy cut and added it to her head. A Wink of Stella pen gave it a bit of shimmer and shine.


I can't believe I waited so long to add these stamps to my collection. I'm going to have lots of fun with them!

Supplies used:
Card size: 4-1/2" square
Lots of Pops - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Hooties stamp set - Paper Smooches
Quotables die - Paper Smooches
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Happy Birthday stamp - Stampin' Up 
Hat stamp - Lawn Fawn
Tombow Markers
White gel pen
Wink of Stella
White card stock
Pink seam binding


Thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

  1. Well you gotta know I love this! Fab card!M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is so adorably sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them both
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pop-up element ... and how the whole card is coordinated in colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pop-up element is so cool - the owl looks less than impressed though, hee! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen