Sunday 27 April 2014

Strawberry Girl Accordion Card

Good morning friends!

I have an Oval Accordion card to share today ... I made it back in early February, when I first got the Pop it Ups dies from Karen Burniston. I didn't have a lot of supplies with me, so I relied on an adorable digital stamp from Tiddly Inks and fussy cut images from the paper for embellishments.



I cut one of the smaller ovals from the set, and folded it over the top corner as a place to add some fussy cut flowers and berries.


The image was coloured with pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits and a blending stump, then fussy cut out and popped up on the layered oval.



I added some more fussy cut flowers and Bakers Twine ...


 ... and some fussy cut strawberries.


The words were hand lettered, and coloured with pencils and a blending stump. I cut it out with another oval die that comes with the Accordion Oval and decorated with fussy cut flowers and a berry. I love that the Pop it Ups dies come WITH the decorator dies for layering.


This was one of the cards I brought to my Pop it Ups Demo at Paper Pastimes in Calgary, and everyone thought it was ... SWEET!

The Pop it Ups Accordion cards are hugely popular - they are such a versatile stamp. Having the larger space that the Oval Accordion provides is great for the images that don't work on the Circle Accordion or Fancy Label Accordion because they are too tall. Remember that you can add as many pages as you want to your Accordion card. While I tend to add two pages as I did here, some of the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge Team generally add three or more.

Elizabeth Craft Designs have some lovely (LOVELY) Peel-Off stickers that are made to fit all three of the Accordion Card dies as well so our design options just keep on growing!


Supplies used:
Digital Stamp - Minnie's Berry, Tiddly Inks
Pencil crayons
Odorless Mineral Spirits & blending stump
Oval Accordion Card - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned Paper - g.c.d.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! I Love everything about this fun design.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- so fantastic!
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie ... Love the matching paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen