Sunday 19 January 2014

Pop It Up meets Pop 'n Cuts

Good morning friends!

Today's share uses Karen Burniston's (Sizzix) Pop 'n Cut card base, and her (Elizabeth Craft Designs) Pop it Ups  Lucy Label Pop up die.

The card base was made from the A2 Pop 'n Cut die and this pretty textured green card stock ...


To make the rose embellishment, I glued a piece of patterned paper to white card stock then fussy cut the rose. The card stock backing gave it enough stability to be able to use foam tape and raise it up on the front.


To create the inner panel, I cut the flowered piece with the Pop 'n Cut A2 card die - without an insert. After folding this panel in half, I used the new Agatha Edges to trim away the top and bottom edges. I opened the now-trimmed inner panel up, lined the Pop it Ups Lucy Label on the fold and cut my pop up. Took longer to explain than it did to do it.  :-)


Haha, there is a lot going on inside - I know. But it's better in real life because you can see the different layers easier than in a photo and that helps give your eyes a rest.  Really!


I added some hand lettering to a white paper strip, added that to a die cut banner, then attached them to a white Lucy Label.  It was easy to cut the white Lucy Label, simply by running the Pop it Ups die through the Big Shot with a small piece of white card stock. A few snips to trim off the pop up pieces and you're left with this lovely label shape that fits perfectly on top of the Lucy Label Pop Up.


I added a matted white strip as a place to add a note and signature, and a couple more fussy cut pieces of patterned paper on the little pop-up bump that cuts with the Lucy Label. You can leave that bump flat, or push it out to use - I love having options like these with Pop it Ups dies! 



I made most of this card when I was in Arizona last month and didn't have any stamps or ink pads with me. I had to get creative with embellishments, which is why I used so much patterned paper. When I came home, I added the 'just a line' stamp to the front.

Supplies used:
778 Lucy Label Pop Up - Karen Burniston, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
782 Agatha Edges - Karen Burniston, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Green card stock - Core'dinations
Patterned paper -gcd (Bonjour!)
Stamp - Imagine That
Banner - Banner & Border, Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun color combo! As a huge fan of patterned paper, I love it when the background is full of pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that you used the Pop 'n Cuts and the Pop It Ups together. It's nice to get more looks with our goodies. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the Queen of creativeness! Look at the masterpiece you created, you are the Macgiver of the craft world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that we can mix our Pop It Ups with our Pop N Cuts ... that might be my next to do :) ... fabulous card and your Handwriting could be a stamp any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Karen...so Pretty and Perfectly Done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen