Sunday 12 January 2014

Tag Shaped Birthday Card, Sneek Peek

Good morning friends!

I've been raving about Karen Burniston joining up with Elizabeth Craft Designs and that she has new dies being released at CHA. New dies that are wafer thin (YAY), interactive, still work with any Pop 'n Cuts you own, but allow lots of flexibility in where on the card fold you place the die AND what size & shape card you use. I have a friend who loves to make 4" square cards ... now she can easily make those into Pop Up cards!  The new line is called POP IT UPS.

For today's share I used Karen Burniston's new LUCY LABEL Pop It Up die.  The three cards I've made so far using the LUCY LABEL are all different sizes ... a 5 x 7 tag shaped card, an almost A2 sized top fold card and an A2 tall top fold card. All made with one wafer thin Pop It Up die!  So many possibilities ...


A few years ago I found a package of K&Co printed 5x7 cards and envelopes on clearance at Michaels. When I got it home and saw how pretty the cards were, I went back the next day and picked up the remaining 4 packages.  :-)  This one uses two of those  5x7" cards (back to back), and the Lucy Label Pop It Up die worked perfectly. I lined up the die centered on the fold and it cut this pretty label shape with the additional bump out at the back.


I wanted the larger label to be a different pattern than the rest of the inside card, so I ran the Lucy Label back through the big shot with a paper scrap, trimmed off the pop up portions (easy to do) and attached it right to the matching shape on the pop up base.  I also cut coordinating, smaller label dies to add my words to. I love that these new pop up dies comes with the decorator pieces!  I have a packaging photo towards the end of my post which shows all the dies you get with the Pop it Ups Lucy Label.


Karen also has a set of edger dies - called Agatha Edges. Oh. My. Goodness ... I'm loving these. The three die set cuts two different (but coordinating) edges AND you can also cut this lovely flourish that matches both. These dies are being released at CHA this weekend, so maybe it's too soon to ask Karen Burniston for more edger die shapes????   ;-)

The flourish was easy to cut and glue down with a glue pen, and I ran my Sakura gel pen around the outer cream edge for a little sparkle.



This large label shape is still one of my favorites, it's a Karen Burniston Sizzix die. I outlined the labels with a gold metallic marker for some subtle shine as well.





I added some 3-d sticker embellishments on the front and inside to finish off the card, and some hand lettering.


For the front, I tied a sheer cream bow through the holes...


...and on the envelope front I traced around a labels with a Sakura gel pen for a pretty place to add the address.


Here is a look at the packaging for both the Pop it Ups Lucy Label, and the Agatha Edgers.

   

(Remember you can see all my Pop It Up cards by looking under Labels to the right on my blog. They are also filed under Elizabeth Craft Designs)

Supplies used:
Pop up: 779 Lucy Label - Karen Burniston, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Shaped tag card - K&Co (used two for this card)
Patterned paper - K&Co
3-d butterfly stickers - K&Co
Edgers: Agatha Edgers - Karen Burniston, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Label:  Butterflies & Labels - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Sakura gel pen
Gold sharpie
Ribbon - Michaels 

6 comments:

  1. SO pretty, love the tag shape & that sheer bow on the front is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Karen, and I just love the label shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thios cards!
    My card in the box isnt difficult to work- there is a video link in my post
    Cheers
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever to make it into a tag-shaped cad and it's even prettier in person. A beautiful make, Karen A!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is beautiful. Thanks for sharing all of the looks you created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen