Friday 3 January 2014

Flip-It Squirrel Cards

Good morning friends!  It's Flip-it Friday here on my blog, and I have two nearly identical Flip-it cards to share today.  I made them in early November, when I received my Papertrey Ink order with that CUTE squirrel stamp/die set. I just had to try it out!

.

To make the cards I cut the Circle Flip-It die four times ... once from the leaf patterned paper, once from the neighborhood patterned paper and two from white card stock. The white ones are the card bases, and I cut apart the patterned ones to use for layering.


I coloured the squirrel and nut with pencils blended with mineral spirits, die cut it and popped it up on layered circles.



I usually add a punched label as a spot to sign the card. It is hidden when the card is closed.


A little hand lettering inside and the cards are finished and ready for Thanksgiving 2014.  Grin. The squirrel is pretty cute though, and I'm thinking he can be holding a heart for Valentine's day too. Or a decorated egg for Easter.  Or a balloon for a birthday .....


(Remember you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it, Pop N Cut and Accordion Flip cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section.)

Supplies used:
Patterned Paper - Doodlebug
Circle Flip-It die - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Squirrel stamp and die set - Papertrey Ink
Punched Label - Stampin' Up
Coloured pencils
White gel pen
Circle dies - Spellbinders


Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. love it!
    This die is realy fantastic--------but too expensive for me:-(
    elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen