Thursday 20 June 2013

Sparkly JOY Christmas Tags

W O W !!!     My 'Shades of Green' Christmas card took Top Honours at the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Blog.   Wow!  Thanks ladies - thanks very much for liking my card enough to choose it.

 
 While I was cutting ornaments for Christmas cards, I decided to make a couple of gift tags too.


Each tag was cut twice ... the first (top) layer was cut out of red & white sparkly paper with the word JOY cut out of the top.  The remaining layer was cut from white cardstock and attached to the sparkly ornament.  "To & From" are stamped on the back side.


I added red Bakers Twine so the tags can be tied onto a gift bag as well as a package.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. this ornaments looks fantastic
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS, on the "Top Honors" award, Karen!

    I love the DARLING ornament tags--SO festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to all this and really like your joy card....what did you use to make this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I'm glad you like these! I did not cut them by hand, I used my Big Shot and two dies by Tim Holtz. The Christmas ornaments die and the JOY die. I added the JOY into the ornament die, and cut the top layer. Then I took the JOY die out of the ornament die, and cut it again out of white card stock. Then I glued the two together.
      I hope this answers your questions!
      Cheers, Karen

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen