Friday 28 June 2013

Monkey Love Note

I'm more than happy to announce that yesterday's crisis was averted.

The city's Emergency Response Team was once again stretched to the limits, but they managed to come up with a solution. The city  - indeed all of Southern Alberta held their breath during the almost 24 hour ordeal. The plan to use vacuum trucks & transfer the flammable liquid from the teetering rail cars onto another train, then pull the cars off the damaged bridge worked. There was no loss of life. There were no rail cars - weighing 80,000 lbs each - falling into the river. There was no flammable liquid spilled into the swollen river. 

 Larry MacDougal / THE CANADIAN PRESS

It could have been a major environmental catastrophe, and when the last of the rail cars had been emptied there was a country wide sigh of relief. Our newspaper called yesterday a "Day Of Nerves".  They weren't kidding.

Today I'm feeling quite a bit more normal (whatever THAT is haha) - and took some time to play in my studio. Haven't downloaded the pictures of those cards yet, but I do have a different card to share today ...

 

This is a Love Note I popped in the mail this week to our Grandkids (ages 11 mos & 2 years).  I had it finished a couple of weeks ago - the little monkey sticker cracks me up.


I used a Sizzix Pop N Cuts die with the star insert, and penned a little note on the white label.  The heart punch is by Stampin' Up, the labels and letter dies are also by Sizzix. Monkey embellishment is by K&Co.




It's a long weekend in Canada, and I am looking forward to some R&R in the sunshine. Hopefully only minimal news coverage of the Alberta Floods will seep into my hearing range.

This week was a really long one. Really long.  Thankfully it's Friday - and I hope you all have a good weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. your cards are so nice!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, Karen, I'm SO glad to hear, all is well!
    What a blessing...that the crisis was averted.

    Love your DARLING card!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen