Tuesday 4 June 2013

Christmas Sketch Card (Sketch #18)

This week, the challenge at the 52 {Chrismtas} Card Throwdown is a sketch challenge.  I couldn't wait to play along even though there were circles in the sketch.


I kept fairly close to the sketch, even using the circles. I'm trying very hard to embrace circles. Very hard. 

I chose not to do a square card though, instead going with a side fold A2 card.


When I went down to my studio to make my card, I planned on using snowflakes. Something about the sketch just made me think of snowflakes. As you can see, I ended up going in a different direction entirely. I'm so happy with how this card turned out!


Oh, I wish you could see the glitter and shine on this card!  I had to use my phone to take the pictures last night and I just couldn't get a good picture of the glitter.  I added a paper panel and another 3-d sticker above the stamped greeting. Both on the front and the inside, the sparkled areas of the patterned paper work as a resist on the ink. I like the effect of some of the letters fading out behind the glitter pattern.



Thanks for stopping by today!




8 comments:

  1. wonderful!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous! Love the vintage feel to your card. The layered pine cones and touch of sparkle are just lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! The circles are perfect and I love your pinecone images. I am sure your card sparkles IRL. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge at 52 CCT
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is amazing! I adore the vintage feel and LOVE the gorgeous embellishments! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card that anyone would be so pleased to recipe, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Karen - so glad you embraced this sketch with its circles!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Christmas card Karen, I love the wonderful vintage feel and the soft colours blending together! Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soft colors and the 3-D foliage elements are gorgeous! I don't do vintage very well but you have done a super job with it here. I'm so glad you gave this sketch a try and shared your end result with us at 52{C}CT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen