Saturday 29 June 2013

Puppy Flip-It Card

Since my wonderful husband has been working on getting me a little crafting area at our cabin, my Cricut and I have renewed our friendship.  :-)


Yesterday when I was poking around in my studio, I came across this scrap of dog bone paper. Everything clicked and I made this cute puppy card using a Sizzix Flip-It die and a Cricut cut. The card itself was cut from brown Bazzil card stock, then the dog bone paper pieces were cut, trimmed and attached to the card base.

I wrapped the left side with narrow brown sheer ribbon and added some doodling.


The inside is left blank for now - the label is attached with removable adhesive so I can take it off to stamp or write a message when I decide who to send this card to and for what occasion.  :-) I didn't have anyone in mind, I was just making the card because I wanted to make a card.


I love this little dog bone, which comes with the Sizzix Scottie Dog die. I cut it twice - once from a scrap of white card stock and once from a chipboard coaster. When attached together it makes a nice sturdy embellishment.


The puppy was Cricut cut using the Doodlecharms cartridge and I added tiny black brads for his eyes. I wanted his ears to have some kind of pattern, so the dot stamp (Stamps by Judith) worked it's magic.


Thanks for stopping by today!





1 comment:

  1. it looks so beautiful!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen