Wednesday 12 June 2013

Pop Up Star Father's Day Card

Today's share is my sixth and final Father's Day card for this year. I made this one for my Dad, using a Sizzix Pop N Cuts die for the card base and a star pop-up insert.


The paper is from a retired Stampin' Up paper stack. I love the colours and masculine prints of the double sided papers.


This star insert has been hard to work with, but I think if I use a crease mat it will work better.  This card was a lot of work (fighting with the star) but it turned out OK in the end and I'm happy with it.



After the card was finished, my (wonderful) Stampin' Up rep was able to get me the Stampin' Up Alphabet die set at a great price so I used it to cut out out the letters "P" and "A" and added those to the front star.  The Grandkids (and now the Great Grandkids) call him Pa.


Thanks for stopping by today.



3 comments:

  1. wonderful! Love thisc ard
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, your father is going to enjoy receiving & opening this BEAUTY! The papers & design & simply fabulous!
    Only another paper-crafter can appreciate ALL the work that goes into creating a card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - that is gorgeous!! Absolutely love the colours, and layout. I don't have that PNC insert, but you've made it look tempting... I'm having a serious space problem though! Thank you too for your kind comments on my blog x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen