Thursday 1 May 2014

Love Birds House Pivot Card

Good morning friends!

I have been having SO much fun with Karen Burniston's new House Pivot die.  For this card I didn't use the fence portion of the die, instead I lined up the alignment nubs with the folded card and cut the house portion. This gave me a double House pivot!

You can do the same with the fence portion as well and I have several ideas to try with a double fence card. Or two. Or three.


When Karen Burniston designs a Pop it Ups die, she makes sure that the decorator pieces are included. I simply angled the sides of the house piece to create more of a birdhouse effect, and cut the sweet scalloped roof gables from a coordinating patterned paper.  Then I used one of the circle decorator dies from the Circle Accordion to cut through the birdhouse, backing the holes with black card stock scraps. I lightly brushed the black with my Wink of Stella pen.


The birds are Elizabeth Craft Design dies - they come with the silhouette and the overlay pieces, and I liked that they faced both directions. I punched a couple of small holes in the card to tie my Bakers Twine through and used the banners from the Lots of Pops pop up. The heart is from the Oval Accordion ... everything works so seamlessly together!


I also added some of these lovely black Peel-Off borders on each side of the card.



Finally, here is the view from the back and the top...
 



Supplies used:
Card size - 4-1/2" square
Patterned paper - Crate Paper
House Pivot - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Bird dies - 709 - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fan Border Peel Off - 1278 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Lots of Pops (Banner) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Oval Accordion (Heart) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Circle Accordion (Circle)  - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Bakers Twine
Wink of Stella

Thanks for stopping by today!



4 comments:

  1. you have a special kind for making cards- and be sure: I love them
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, you've used this fun die SO beautifully!
    What a DARLING card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightfully, creative, way to use these dies! Love the paper!
    Marlene L

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute how you put the banners in the corner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen