Sunday 25 May 2014

Heart Pivot Anniversary Card

Good morning friends!

Today's share is an Anniversary card I made for our daughter and SIL for their Anniversary last month:


Of course I used the Pop it Ups Heart Pivot die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I use this die for all different occasions, but it's perfect for an Anniversary as well.  I used the nested Decorator dies that come with the Heart Pivot to cut the layers, sandwiching a piece of transparancy in between the hearts so the word sticker 'together' would show when the card was closed.


I popped up another one of the die cut hearts with foam tape, and added glitter with my Wink of Stella pen.



Here is a look at the inside - I love how the decorated heart on the front of the card pivots to the inside as the card is opened. I added some patterned paper strips, a word sticker, another small die cut heart and stamped words



To create the popped up heart below the pivoting hearts, I scored the die cut heart down the center and added foam tape just to the two outer edges. Then I attached one side to the card but kept the center of the heart away from the score line by almost 1/4". Then I peeled off the remaining foam tape backing and closed the card. This allows the heart to attach to the base card the same distance on both sides.



Finally, here is the card view from the top and the back ...




Supplies used:
Card size: standard A2, 5-1/2 x 4-1/4"

Heart Pivot - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper and stickers - Carta Bella, Tradidions by Samantha Walker
Transparency scrap
Wink of Stella glitter pen
Word stamp - Stamps of Life
Corner rounder - Creative Memories

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen