Wednesday 21 May 2014

Olga's 101st Birthday Card

Good morning friends!

When Seniors Secret Service asked me to make a special card for a lady turning 101, I was more than happy to do it. I wanted something bright and cheerful, so this is what I came up with ...


I cut the butterfly overlay from patterned paper, the body from a black velvet sheet, and the silhouette from a coordinating patterned paper. Then I layered them together on some matted patterned panels and added Peel-Off border strips across the corners.


For the inside, I used the Pop it Ups Lots of Pops die, by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.


I used letter stickers from the paper stack to spell out her name on a Lucy Label Pivot decorator die, and penned 'turns 101' onto a black rectangle with a copper metallic Sharpie.

I love this flower border Peel-Off sticker -- especially when it's coloured in. You can colour the flowers to match any colour scheme you are using, which makes it very versatile. I used my Tombow markers to colour these ones.




I delivered this card in a box with 35 other birthday cards in it. We are home from holidays now, so I'm hoping to make a bunch more birthday cards for Seniors Secret Service in the coming weeks.

Supplies used:
Card size - Standard A2, 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Lots of Pops - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Katie Label Pivot (Label) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Daisy Border Peel-Off's - 1262, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Black Velvet Self Adhesive Sheet - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Butterfly Silhouette - 704, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Butterfly Overlay - 705, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Word stamp - MFT
Tombow Markers
Copper Sharpie Marker
Letter Stickers - Basic Grey
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey
White Card Stock
Black shock
Stickles

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. She will love this great card
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Peel-Off borders - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to turn 101 and get a Karen card :) .... love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen