Wednesday 28 September 2011

Kangaroo Birthday Card

This is the card I made for our daughter's birthday this month ... I thought it was such a cute image because she is a new mom.


This is a large card - just over 6" square.  The patterned paper is from K&Co ... a great paper stack I found on clearance at Michaels this winter.

The Kangaroo and baby cut is from the Birthday Bash cartridge. I cut the mother and pocket  from the purple, and when I removed the cut from the Cricut mat, I saw there was an even border all the way around it. So - I used that for the outer panel on the card. I just attached it to a pale gray folded card!
I changed up the mama's face a little, by adding only one eye and I used a mini black brad for it.
Lots of foam tape on this card, inked edges, and a dab of glitter glue on the balloon.

What a fun card this was to make.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Karen,love this card,it's so cute.Bet your daughter loved it too.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,this is so cute,love all the dimension.Bet your daughter will love it.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen