Tuesday 1 October 2013

Thanksgiving 'Owl-Turned-Turkey'

Since it's now  October, I thought I'd share the 2nd Thanksgiving card I made for my parents to give the Great Grandkids.  I don't own any cute Thankgiving images, so have had to make do with what I have. For this last one, I turned the Stamps of Life Owl (owls2love) into a turkey ...

OK, you have to kind of squint to make it look like a turkey, but Ethan is only one year old  so I think we can get away with it this year.  Wink.


I think it turned out kind of cute. The tail feathers are actually the center umbrella section from the 'umbrella4you' set.


See the cloud background? I seem to be cloud obsessed these days ... cloud patterned paper, cloud dies and when I saw this cloud embossing folder, it HAD to come live at my house.  I embossed the clouds on a white panel then rubbed blue ink onto the panel with a sponge.


The ground was hand cut from a scrap of green card stock, and the fence is an old Sizzix die. I cut it from woodgrain paper, and the little pumpkins were cut from Stamps of Life dies.


Thanks for stopping by today, and ... Happy October!

2 comments:

  1. This is just too CUTE, Karen! I love it!
    Great creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he- thats cute!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen