Tuesday 22 October 2013

Pop 'n Cut 104th Birthday Card!

When you turn 104, you deserve a special birthday card - wouldn't you agree? When the Program Coordinator at Seniors Secret Service asked if I'd be willing to make a couple of special cards for them, I was more than willing. You can see the card I made for Mary's 107th birthday by clicking HERE.  Once again I made a Pop 'n Cut card ...


The card base is a Sizzix scalloped card die - it makes an A6 sized card. I cut it from a beautiful floral paper with gold foil accents.  Karen Burniston's Wavy Label Framelits were used for the front embellishment, and I hand cut the white mat.


Inside I used Karen Burniston's A2 Pop 'n Cut base with her Wavy Label insert.  (I've said it before, but the Wavy Label insert is my favourite one these days!)



The cards don't go through the mail, the envelopes are clipped to the gift bag and hand delivered by volunteer's.  Usually I keep my cards fairly mail friendly but on cards for Seniors Secret Service I'm able to use lots of layers. And Bling.  :-)  Because if you are 104, you also deserve BLING!


I added her name to the inside, because I wanted her to know this card was made specifically for HER!


I used the Wavy Label Framelets on the inside of the card, a fussy cut stamped birthday cake, a strip of the same foiled paper as the card was made from, a label for a place to sign, die cut numbers & letters and glitter glue.


(Remember that you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it, Pop N Cut and Accordion Flip cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section.) 

Supplies used:
Karen Burniston (Sizzix) A2 Pop 'n Cut base with her Wavy Label insert
Karen Burniston (Sizzix) Wavy Label Framelits
Sizzix Scalloped Card Die
Stamps - all by Papertrey Ink
Letter dies - Papertrey Ink
Modern Label punch and Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper - Recollections
White card stock - Office Depot
Number Dies - Sizzix

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. You are rocking these 100+ cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Agnes! Another amazingly beautiful creation for a wonderful event. You rock, KA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special card you made! The foil paper is so pretty & I love the numbers & all the little details you added.....Agnes will feel really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cards are so special1 So wonderful
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  5. wunderschön, liebe karen....
    liebe grüsse
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and a special one too. My dad will be 101 in January and I cared for him for two years, I went to join your blog but I already am a member..
    luv aNNie

    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen