Thursday 28 August 2014

Flowers and Butterflies Sympathy Card

Good morning friends ...

Holy Smokes, did the carpet installers work FAST yesterday. They got the whole house done - even moving the furniture out of the last room so they could get it done in one day. A LONG day, but they don't have to come back today and that makes me happy. A whole day here with no workers - woot! The carpet is amazing - I'm so happy with it. All of these renos were set in place before we decided to move, so I'm glad I will have a month to enjoy it before we move to our new home.

I have a sympathy card to share today, that I sent to a friend. I used Karen Burniston's new Lorna Label pop up die - I can't help but turn to it when I want to make a Pop-Up card these days.  I also used some of that pretty floral paper I bought in the Spring - when I ordered 30 sheets instead of 3.  Still plugging away at the stack, ha ha.


The white lace is a border sticker I've had in my stash for years. It just seemed perfect for this card.


I added a lacy butterfly onto the Lorna Label Pop up, and the words 'With Sympathy' on the little banner. That long bump that cuts below the Lorna Label has so many possibilities for decorating.




I'm feeling pretty blue today, as someone I used to be friends with is really upset with me for not choosing her as our realtor. I don't hurt people's feeling intentionally, and I don't like to make people unhappy period. This was one of those no-win situations, and I just have to get over it. But today I can't help but feel badly that she feels badly.  Sigh.

Supplies:
Card size: 4-1/2 x 6"
915 Lorna Label Pop Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
767 Butterfly Pivot (Butterflies), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
773 Butterfly Accessory dies, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Light Blue Self Adhesive Velvet Sheet (Butterfly Bodies) - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Scalloped Border - MFT
Texture stamp - Magenta
Lace Border sticker - Little Yellow Bicycle
Patterned paper - Basic Grey
With Sympathy stamp - Cornish Heritage Farms
Sympathy words - Hero Arts (?)


Thanks for stopping by today!




2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen