Tuesday 30 July 2013

Unusual Anniversary Card

Friends of the family are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary, and my parents wanted me to make a card for the occasion.  Here's where it get's tricky. This couple is very outdoorsy and down to earth. The selection of 50th anniversary cards in a card shop is fairly limited, and I wanted to make a personalized card that reflected their taste. 

Enter the Tim Holtz 'Tree Line' die.  I am just tickled at how well this card came out - while it's unusual for most anniversary couples, it's just PERFECT for E & J.  And my Mom was thrilled with it.


I wanted to get the card to my parents right away, but I hadn't taken a picture of it yet. So - yesterday when I had my Mom out for errands, I took a picture in my vehicle with my phone.  At least it gives you an idea of the card, but not the shimmer & shine.  :-)  The card is a larger one, measuring 6-1/2 x 5". 

I cut the trees twice, out of gold foil embossed patterned paper by K&Co. The '5 and the '0' were cut from bronze Stardream, which is a lovely heavyweight & pearlized card stock. I added some brown gems and two white card stock hearts.


Inside and on the envelope, I used another of my new stamp sets from 'The Stamps Of Life' ... called anniversary2celebrate.  Such a nice set, with several different verses to go inside Anniversary cards which are not easy to find. I LOVE this set!


I added another panel of bronze Stardream since the card is being hand delivered at a party and doesn't need to go through the mail, weight wasn't an issue.

I love it when a card comes together like this one did, especially when I know how much the recipient(s) will enjoy it.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. your parents will be happy about this wonderful card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great and very special for a special occasion, I'm sure your friends will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking card. Personalized with the recipients lifestyle makes is special indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen