Saturday 27 July 2013

Umbrella Flip-It Card #2

 I only had a few minutes to play in my studio, but still managed to get another card made with my new Stamps of Life stamps and a Sizzix Flip-It die.  I used the same paper stack as yesterday's card since it was still out on my stamping area.

This time the card base is an orange/yellow print with embossed sparkles.  I used the reverse side, which has no glitter, to cut the front circle for embellishing. The umbrella (umbrella4you) was stamped right on that circle with (Stampin' Up) Strawberry Slush ink.

 

I love how nicely the polka dot section nestles into the already stamped umbrella - easy peasy 2-step stamping!  I stamped it in orange, and the words in dark brown.  The circle was then attached to the Flip-It base with foam tape.


For the circle on the flip side, I used a leftover scrap from yesterday's card, another stamp from the set, a Stampin' Up label punch and hand cut banner. Oh, and foam tape of course. You know I love my foam tape!


See all the glitter on the card front? I didn't add a label or area to write on for this card, instead I will handwrite a note on the back side (which has no glitter) when I need to send the card.



I added some glitter glue to the polka dots on the front umbrella, then left it overnight to dry. I think this card was made in record time, which is one of the great things about Sizzix Flip-It dies!! A whole lot of bang for your buck.

(Remember you that you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it and Pop N Cut cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section. I have also added a Stamps of Life category)

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen