Saturday 20 July 2013

Pop Up Bird Card

(Remember you that you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it and Pop N Cut cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS and scrolling down to the 'S' section.)

All week I've been sharing cards made using a pretty paper stack with large, glittered patterns on them. Once I got the paper home, I found the patterns were just to large for most A2 cards. They work wonderfully with Sizzix Pop N Cut dies though!


This card opens from the side, instead of the bottom.  The 'Happiness' label was fussy cut from one of the sheets in the stack. I inked the edges then attached it over a 2nd fussy cut label, then onto the front of the card with foam tape.

The butterfly is another one of Karen Burniston's new dies - it goes with her 'butterfly swing die'. I stamped it with a custom made background stamp, inked the edges, then punched a slot (Stampin' Up punch) out of scrap patterned paper for the butterfly body.


Just look how pretty the inside is when it's cut as a pop up. No way this pattern would work on a standard A2 card. It's all glittered and vintage and BEAUTIFUL!! Pictures just do not do it justice.



Another card for my stash ... thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. love this kind of card- never did one myself

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, what a SWEET pop-up bird card!
    The colors are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen