Monday 29 July 2013

Umbrella and Rainbows

I'm sure getting good use out of my new stamps from 'The Stamps Of Life'!  The umbrella (umbrella4you) stamps nice and bold, and isn't that difficult to fussy cut.  For this card, I combined it with the puddle from 'boots4rain' - another new set I'm itching to play with. (There are six sets in total.)


The umbrella stamp was selectively inked with Stampin' Up's Crushed Curry, Basic Black, and Real Red. Then I stamped the polka dot portion with pink, and coloured in the turquoise part of the handle with a Copic marker.

The card base is A2, and cut with a Pop N Cuts die out of white Bazzil card stock. Oh, and I stamped dots on the puddle as well, with my trusty dots stamp (Stamps by Judith). The clouds (Memory Box) were die cut out of a scrap of white and I penned the words on.


I just happened to find this sheet of rainbow paper at Michaels, on sale!  The sale price was 3 for $1, and I picked up one rainbow sheet and 2 orange patterned sheets. Had to go back the next day for 3 more rainbow pieces because once I'd finished this card - I just ADORED the colours!


I hand cut the little banner out of a scrap of white card stock, and stamped the words (also from the 'boots4rain' set) in orange with blue dots below it.


Such a fun, feel good card ... and the rainbow print paper will make a great companion for my new umbrella and rubber boot stamp sets!

(Remember you that you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it and Pop N Cut cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section. I have also added a Stamps of Life category)

Thanks for stopping by today - have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. here it just start to rian- please send the umbrella to me:-)
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen