Wednesday 24 July 2013

First Accordian Card

Yesterday was an exciting day for me! I went up to a friends to pick up my Sizzix Accordian Die, and there were new stamps in my mailbox when I got home.  Woo Hoo!  She had organized a group Sizzix order through Scrappin' Great Deals (a Canadian retailer who goes above and beyond). I have been excited about this Accordion Die, but when I saw the card Betty had done I was blown away.

When I have new toys, I often make a card for my Mom first. She is struggling with a painful leg right now &  I thought she would enjoy a 'get well soon' card.  I used my new stamps too!  They are from 'The Stamps of Life' by Stephanie Barnard (THANKS Stephanie).  The first package I cracked open is 'lines2journal'. I often like to write my verses inside a card and I thought stamped lines would help keep me from writing crooked.

For the envelope below, I inked only the top three lines of one of the journal stamps, stamping it inside the rectangle (Stamps By Judith). The bracket is also from the 'lines2journal' set, and the butterfly is Stampin' Up.  The envelope is 5-1/2" square.


I used a double sided paper for this first Sizzix Accordion card, and only 2 panels. Betty used four on her card, and it was truly fabulous. For my first one though, I didn't want to tackle 4 panels.  As it is, I cut them all out backwards - with the tab on the left instead of the right. The two pages attached together OK, thankfully.


While it folds up nice and flat - it opens into this eye catching display.  So flippin' cool.


I have a little box with ready made butterfly embellishments, since I use them so often. These are from that box and were made with a Stampin' Up buterfly stamp/punch set. It was watercoloured, then sprayed with glimmer mist, AND details added with a Sakura gel pen.


Spellbinder dies fit nicely on the bracket shape, and you can see below where I used one of the line sets from 'lines2journal' stamped in light grey.  I can see how handy these lined stamps are going to be!


I couldn't help myself, so here is another picture of the card opened.


Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. the 2nd card is wow! It looks so complicate to do! But love the first card too1

    Here is hot too in germany- dont like it!

    Have a nice day
    Elam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen