Sunday 20 July 2014

Double Fence with Balloons

Good morning friends!

I have a fun card to share today, using the House Pivot die (a Pop it Ups die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs).  Here is a peek at the front … sponged clouds with an ECD Balloon die cut from polka dot paper and inked.



To create this card, I cut the blue inner card slightly smaller than A2 size, then cut a double fence using the House Pivot Die.  Instead of having the two side fences PIVOT though, I folded them at the pivot points so they would remain in their spots. Since they would need to be adhered in place though, I cut a white A2 sized card and attached the blue card inside the white one. That gave me the backing piece I needed to adhere the folded fence portions too.  


I added a few more die cut balloons … I have so much fun with these balloon dies!  They are a great way to use up scraps. The grass pieces were cut and attached to a strip of the same green patterned paper.


I cut two more fence pivots, trimming away the excess and attached the pieces on either side of the folded, glued down fence. That gave me a fence that went right across the card.



The Happy Birthday was cut from Red Velvet Adhesive Sheets and added to the left side, and I added some some bakers twine to tie one of the balloons to the fence.

Supplies used:
Card Size - Standard A2 (4-1/4 x 5-1/2)
902 House Pivot (double fence) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
781 All Seasons Tree (Grass) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
402 Red Velvet Sheets - Elizabeth Craft Designs
738 Happy Birthday - Elizabeth Craft Designs
726 Balloon dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Blue card stock - Stampin' Up
White card stock
Green patterned paper - The Paper Studio
Scraps of other patterned papers
Stardust Gelly Roll pen
Bakers twine


Thanks for stopping by today!


3 comments:

  1. Love the double fence and the balloons floating in the sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. fly fly away- you made a perfect card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card Karen. I have bought the Balloon die because of all the awesome cards you've made with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen