Friday 30 August 2013

Poinsettia Flip-it Card trio

It's Friday, and I have three Christmas Flip-it cards to share today! To make them, I cut three out of cream card stock and three out of  2 different sparkly patterned paper.

(Remember you that you can always see my Sizzix Flip-it and Pop N Cut cards by looking on the right side of my blog under LABELS then scrolling down to the 'S' section.)

For the first two cards, two of the patterned paper Flip-it cards were cut apart  and trimmed to use for layering -  using half of each pattern on the two card bases.


 I added a punched label for a place to sign our names, and used the same Stampin' Up Christmas verse for all three cards.


The poinsettia embellishment was created with two different Tim Holtz dies and cut from red paper with an embossed & sparkling swirl pattern. I added it over an embossed label (Sizzix) to separate it from the background a little.



I liked the stability of having a card stock base, instead of just the patterned paper. While I like the ease of a single base layer - some patterned papers are just too lightweight and to me it feels like the card is only half done. That was the case with these papers but layering them onto the cream base solved the problem perfectly!


For the final card in the trio, I did things a little differently. I didn't cut trim the sparkling patterned paper for this one - instead cutting apart the cream base. The cream base sides were attached behind the patterned paper ones.


I think I like this one the best! It has all the stability of the layers, but a cleaner look. Depending on the pattern chosen, there is a place for both variations.



The inside was done the same as the other two cards.



Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen