Wednesday 14 August 2013

'Merry Christmas Kit' ... Card #1 (Santa's Mustache)

Last year, I bought three different scrapbooking kits, with coordinating papers and embellishments. Then I sort of 'froze' and couldn't decide which embellishment to actually USE, so I didn't really do much with any of it.   This year though, I decided that my Pop 'N Cuts would be perfect and I made FIVE cards with this first kit.  Not saving the best for last though ... I'm showing my favourite one first. 


The kit is called "Merry Christmas" by Echo Park ... and when I saw this argyle print I immediately thought of a card I saw in the latest Paper Crafts magazine.


The mustache dies are by Sizzix; I bought them to go with my Sizzix puppy dog dies, the owl and hopefully even my large dog stamp (Stamps By Judith).  I've been itching to try them out, and this card was a perfect opportunity.

Here's a peek at the inside:


All the papers and embellishments are from the kit, I used a bunch of Stampin' Up dimensionals, some Bakers Twine and the words were stamped on the journal card. Oh, technically the red sparkly polka dotted circle on the front is a scrap from a different project and not from the kit papers.


Yes, I know it's August and not December. But I have been slacking on my weekly Christmas card challenges, and if I'm going to get my cards done in time I have to get cracking on them.  So it's Christmas on my blog for at least the next five days.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen