Thursday 19 January 2012

Two Sketch Cards

I liked Friday's sketch at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog, and actually had a chance to play in my studio yesterday.

Here is my card, followed by the sketch (FTL178):



I wanted a CAS card to send to the little boy in Sri Lanka that we sponsor through World Vision and this sketch was perfect. Also, since I missed my 'Masculine Card Monday' this week, I'm happy to have a masculine card to share with you. You could easily swap out the sentiment for the fellows in your life.


The tree is a My Favourite Things die, the scalloped border die is by Papertrey Ink, and Sizzix makes the Hello die.  It actually cut's as Hello Friend, but I trimmed the 'friend' part off. I still have some scraps of that wonderful polka dotted kraft paper from Jillibean Soup. and I like the fun look it gives the tree.

When I checked out this weeks challenge at CAS-ual Fridays, it is to use scallops on a CAS project. So I'm entering this card in that challenge too! (CFC35).  **EDITED.  Well, the challenge closed yesterday, so I guess I missed that one.

Then I realized there was NO stamping on my card. None. And one of my New Years Resolutions is to stamp more. So ... I quickly made another card using the sketch.

All stamped.  :-)


I quickly checked this weeks challenge at the Less Is More challenge blog and - it was for a One Layer Card.  What? Could I be lucky enough that this card would work for that too? No -- on a closer look, the card was to have a bird on it. Bird not butterfly. Ahhh well -- I really wanted to use this butterfly so I'm happy with the card.  I'll be able to write a quick note on it when I send Sue her February 1st package.

Butterfly and words by Gina K, I don' t know who makes the border stamp.

I also started what I hope will be an Infinity Scarf on the Baby Afghan loom I shared yesterday. It's amazing how a stitch here and a stitch there comes together into a whole row, and then another and another. It feels good to be knitting again!

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. I love the simple kind of cards! Your's perfect
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Karen - I particularly like the little chipboard tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great cards. I don't stamp at all, so it's always great to see other cards that aren't stamped. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Karen. I particularly love the tree and the DP.
    Have a good weekend.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen