Monday 23 January 2012

Black and White Birthday Card

The challenge at the CAS-ual Friday's  blog this week is:

CFC36: Create a Clean And Simple Project that is only black and white.
*no other colors will be allowed-not even a speck*

While I do have a card to share for my "Masculine Card Monday",  I'm going to save it for next week. Last week I missed the deadline for the CAS-ual Friday's challenge and I don't want to do it again this week. Here is my first card for the 'Black And White' challenge.


When I read the challenge I immediately thought about this wonderful paper stack by My Minds Eye. It is full of black and white SPARKLY printed paper! 

It also seems to be a never-ending paper stack as I have made many cards with it and barely made a dent in the stack. I made 3 cards yesterday - all of them using just scraps from the paper stack.


 This card is 5 x 6.5", and uses 3 different black and white patterns. The label, oval and scalloped border dies are all by MFT, and the word stamp is by Gina K. It's hard to tell from the photos, but I used foam tape to pop up both the oval and the label cuts.

I didn't add a flower or any other embellishment, since the card is supposed to be CAS (I'm pushing the envelope a little on this one) and with all the sparkle I thought it might be over the top if I added anything else.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. The monochrome papers are gorgeous...I love the 'distressed look' to them especially! a really stylish card Karen :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Karen - I love the sparkly black and white paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is beautiful. So happy you played along with CAS-ual Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen