Wednesday 25 January 2012

Heather's Loom Knit Hat

It's time for another Warm & Wooly Wednesday here on my blog ... and today's share is the hat I made for our eldest daughter for Christmas:


I used a bright green soft organic cotton twisted with a blue/green acrylic yarn. It turned out so pretty!


The top of the hat is tapered (by moving the loop on every third peg to the peg on the right) and I added a crochet flower to the hat for a fun accent. The green textured button came from Michaels.

Remember the Infinity Scarf I started earlier this month? Here is a peek at it on the loom - it's coming along nicely! Hopefully I'll be able to share the finished project next week.


Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. such I need today- it is so cold today
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colours Karen and I love the big flower decoration too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are clever Karen - this is very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a pattern for this hat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to email you privately but your profile is not available to the public. I didn't use a pattern - but the hat was very simple. I did a crochet cast onto a Knifty Knitter loom - not the largest yellow one, but the next size down. A garter stitch band (I just knit one row, purled the next until it looked good to me) then simple e-wrapping for the rest. When I think I am at the top of the hat, I move the loop off every third peg to the peg to the left (or right - it doesn't matter as long as you use the same direction for the entire row). Then e-wrap and knit over - the pegs that have 2 loops on them you knit the bottom loop over the top one. The pegs that have three loops, you knit two over one. You can lift them both over the peg together or one at a time - it makes no difference. This gives you a more tapered top - e-wrap another row then do the gathered cast off. There are lots of YouTube video's out there for the crochet cast on and gathered cast off if you need a visual.
    I hope this helps, and if you need anything else please let me know!
    You can also check out my loom knitting blog: www.knittingwithlooms.blogspot.com
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen