Sunday 26 May 2013

Sparkling Snowflake Pop Up Card

Compared to last weekend, I was surprised by how much snow there is on the mountains ... while it was raining like crazy in the city, it must have been snowing like crazy up there. 


I just had to share a snowflake Christmas card.



I wish you could see all the sparkle and shimmer in this paper - it's SO pretty!  I used my Sizzix Pop N Cuts for the A2 card base, and the pop up insert.


I had the sparkling gem snowflake in my stash, and the words seemed perfect (May Your Holidays Sparkle).  I had also been wanting to try using one of the 'On The Edge' dies as a border on the pop-up inserts and was pleased with how well it worked out. The inside of the card is lined with a silver metallic paper for even more shimmer.  (I also added a strip of the same metallic paper to the top front of the card).

 
 
Surprisingly this was a very quick card to put together. Once I saw that sheet of sparkly snowflake paper in my stash, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. And I know exactly who I want to send this to over the holidays!

I had a fun 'play-date' yesterday with an old friend and some new ones. They loved the  Sizzix Pop N Cut dies, and the Sizzix Flip It's as much as I do ... and we had fun sharing papers, ideas and cutting cards for future assembly.

Thanks for stopping by today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen