Friday 24 May 2013

Owl Father's Day Card

 My set of red and white cards (seen HERE) won top honours this week - I'm so excited!
 

For Father's Day I have to make six cards ... three for me and three for my Mom to give out.  I shared one a few weeks ago that I made with a new Sizzix Puppy Dog die, yesterday's metallic card ... and today's card uses the Sizzix Owl die.


I thought this owl was so stinkin' cute when I saw it but haven't had the opportunity to use it very often. I decided to remedy that and had a blast working with masculine papers (SU) for my 5-1/4" square card.


I printed the words out on my computer, cut them out with a Nestabilities die then attached that piece inside the card.


I also added a strip of the same patterned paper down the side of the envelope.

Three down ... Three more to go.

Thanks for stopping by today!



2 comments:

  1. Karen- the owl ist so nice- love it
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, on your win, Karen! I think it's amazing that you have been making Christmas cards all year.

    Your owl card is just SO adorably sweet. I also love the inside of the card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen