Monday 27 May 2013

Father's Day Flip It Card

Today's share for Masculine Card Monday is the 4th Father's Day card I've made for this year (my Mom needs three and I need three).  I used a Sizzix Flip-It die for this one, as well as copper and dark grey metallic card stock.


The old fashioned truck was Cricut cut, but it was in my 'Odds & Sods' pile so I'm not sure of which cartridge. I'm going to guess 'Sentimentals'.


I added some embossing for texture, and printed some of the words on the computer. "Enjoy the ride" is a PTI stamp. The printed words were then cut out with a Sizzix thin die



This Sizzix Rectangle Flip-It die gave me some grief - when I used it ALL the lines cut - not just the cut lines, but the score lines too. So I ended up with a bunch of pieces that weren't much good for anything. I did some research and discovered that it depends on your machine - either a Big Shot or Cuttlebug or whatever you use- as to whether or not it will cut through the score lines or not on your specific die.

The solution is to use a crease mat - which luckily I had.  I tried the crease mat instead of the top plate, but instead of cutting everything it just scored everything. So then I had to use an Xacto knife to cut out the pieces that needed to be cut.  Next I tried a card stock shim on top of the crease mat and that seems to have done the trick.

I wrote right on the die itself with a silver Sharpie marker, so I remember to use the crease mat and shim every time I use this one.

Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen