Saturday 22 October 2011

Group of Birthday Cards


Back this summer when I had made it my mission to deal with the towering 'Odds & Sods' pile in my studio, I made these cards.  The floral paper (possibly by ProvoCraft) had been in my stash for years and years and for some reason I had cut it down into A2 panels and added them to my overflowing  'Odds & Sods' pile. 

I joined a couple of the floral paper panels together so I'd have long enough pieces to run through with the Tim Holtz rosette die, and made some matching rosettes. I was bound and determined to USE UP that paper, once and for all.  :-) 

 This first card is on an A2 pink card base, with some stamped elements added as well. The Happy Birthday is by Verve and was coloured with markers to get the two toned look.

The top flower layer was cut with a Sizzix die and stamped with a Stampin' Up background image, and the edges were inked with pink.

A little button tied with string was added and ... that was one card done.

This 2nd card is almost identical, but I added a little banner piece to stamp the word 'birthday' on.

To make the banner, I punched a label (Stampin' Up punch) from a scrap of the paper, folded it in half and added a string to the fold before gluing it closed.  The little butterfly was also in my 'Odds & Sods' pile and is from a Stampin' Up Embosslet.

Card #2 - done.

This next card is probably my favourite of the bunch. I hand trimmed a little banner to 'drape' over the rosette and Sizzix flower die and I really like the bright green card base with this paper.



Card # 4 uses a couple of dies ... a Tim Holtz shaped die for the white piece, and a Sizzix flower die.

You can see the layered flowers better in this photo - I cut the die from both white card stock and the floral paper and added foam tape between the layers. Those green leaves? From the felt flower package I picked up at Michaels (in the kids craft section) this summer.


Word stamp is either by Verve or Hero Arts. I'm pretty sure it's Verve, but ...    Sheesh.


This card turned out pretty good too - and the bonus was that I got to use that white textured panel
that was also in my 'Odds & Sods' pile!  I had made a couple up for a different reason and they ended up being too busy. Into the pile they went.

I used the same folded label punch idea as for card #2, this time stringing the bunting pieces on a knotted string. I used an alphabet set (Hero Arts?) to stamp the letters with black ink, and some more of those tiny butterflies from the 'Odds & Sods' pile.


So - 5 feminine birthday cards done and into my stash. And I used up every bit of that floral paper too! Win Win.  :-)

We are having company this weekend (my DD & family) so I likely won't be posting anything tomorrow. I'll be playing with our little Granddaughter instead.  Can't wait.  I'm head over heels in love with that baby.


Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. I bet you feel great now you've used up this paper! The cards are lovely - there's a bit of a retro feel about them. Enjoy the playdate with your grandaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do with using up some of my older patterned paper like this, they are a really pretty collection Karen :) That's a good idea to place a flower as the centre piece for the rosette die.
    Enjoy your family visit:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that all of them have some pink ( my fav color) wink wink lol lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen