Monday 10 October 2011

Butterfly Rosette Card

This butterfly and rosette was in my 'Odds & Sods' pile. When I first got my Tim Holtz rosette die, I made up a couple of rosette's and stuck one on a tag for my daughter's birthday. It had the tan rosette and the sparkly butterfly sticker.


Unlike her MOTHER, she does not keep stuff. So I rescued the tag from the recycling pile and added to the pile of goodies in the 'Odds & Sods' pile. Now it has been re-purposed for this card!

First, I pulled off the sparkly sticker and added it to a die cut butterfly (Stampin' Up).  I pulled a brown flourish die (Sizzix) out of the pile (it had been a test cut) and added it to the rosette, which was inked on the edges with blue ink. The new rosette was attached to a pretty blue cardboard panel which was scalloped on the bottom with scissors. The blue panel is the cardboard backing from Verve stamps!



The panel was wrapped with ribbon (Stampin' Up), attached to a white panel, and that panel was popped up onto a kraft card stock base with foam tape.

A white panel was added to the inside, along with another one of the blue die cut butterflies.

Into my stash with this one.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. wow- that looks so fantastic!"
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crafty piece of recycling and a fab end result too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen