Wednesday 26 October 2011

Felt Snowman Card

I have snow on the brain. Not happily, mind you ... but it's COLD outside and inside and there is a skiff of snow on the roof and deck that is not melting. Not only that, but the contractor has knocked a BIG HOLE in our wall and is dickering around (technical term) getting the gas-line moved for the BBQ.

Trust me when I say that a 5' x 7' hole open to the outside makes the house REALLY COLD. Really, Really Cold. He put a piece of plywood over the opening when he went for lunch, and I cranked up the heat while he was gone.

Here is a card I made using some paper backed felt and the Tim Holtz snowman die.





I added a small black brad for his eye  and coloured his arms, hat and buttons with Sharpie markers. A narrow ribbon around his neck and some glitter glue finishes off the look. How can a snowman look warmer than I feel???


Last night I started to loom knit a cowl to put in the craft sale. Yeah right. I finished it this morning and now I'm wearing it to keep my neck warm. One less item for the sale, but hey - a girl has to do what a girl has to do.  Once the contractor is gone for the day and the heat is back on I will have to take a photo of the cowl to share. Meanwhile,  I'm off to flip on the fireplace (thank heavens for gas) and see how close I can sit to the glass. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Love how he's looking off the card, Great fuzzy texture too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Karen.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen