Tuesday 17 June 2014

Who is turning TWO? (Second KB Designer Challenge card)

Good morning friends!

I have a second card today, for Karen Burniston's June Designer Challenge. We were to use one of the Accordion dies with at least one photo.  Since our Grandson is going to be two next month - TWO!!!! - I decided to make him a special birthday card. Below is the card in the closed position ...


I chose to use the brand new Katie Label Accordion (shipping in July 2014), which is one of the newest Pop it Up dies by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.  For the 'who' banner, I used a die from the Lots of Pops set, then used them again for the little vertical banners. Those were simply folded over the top of the accordion and adhered front and back.


All of the stickers and patterned papers were in a 12 x 12" scrapbook kit, so I used the round letter stickers to spell out Ethan's name. When the card is opened, it reads 'Ethan is 2".  The two was hand done, outlined with a black Sharpie marker.



The Katie Label Accordion has stitch lines that can be embossed, stencilled or, as I did here - traced with a brown fine point marker. Perfectly spaced stitches, every time.  Gotta love that!


I am crazy about the ECD balloon dies, so I wanted to used them for this card. They were glued back to back with Bakers Twine in between the layers and then I inked the edges.








Make sure to check out what the rest of the designers came up with and watch for Karen Burniston's post Wednesday on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog. She will have a group post as well as her own project for the challenge.

Supplies used:
Katie Label Accordion - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Lots of Pops (Banners) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Balloon die - Elizabaeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper and stickers - 'Bundle of Joy' scrapbook kit by Echo Park
Birthday stamp - Stampendous
Bakers Twine
Black Sharpie marker
Brown fine point marker

Thanks for stopping by today!


3 comments:

  1. Such a fun birthday card for a cute Grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful! I wish to be able to make such sweet card for my new grandchild in october this is so sweet Karen!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Karen. Love how you made the "2" and added all those fun balloons. I am sure Ethan will love his card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen