Thursday 12 June 2014

Introducing 'Hoppy'

Good morning friends!

Thanks to everyone who came out to see my Elizabeth Craft Designs Demo last night ... and I'm looking forward to the next group this morning.  I'm also more than excited to be able to share my first card here with Karen Burniston's Summer Pop it Ups release!

These dies will be shipping in early July from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  Karen has three - THREE! - fun new Characters, and an accessory die that works with all three.

Today I'm using 'Hoppy'. The black is the shadow die, and the green is the main die. You can get the look of a Peel-Off by layering them this way, and glittering the main die. Oh, I am having SO much fun. Karen Burniston's whole design team has been having a blast with this first group of dies in the release. In addition to Hoppy, there is also Poppy the owl, and Chilly the penguin. The accessory die set has things like lips and eyeglasses. Fun Fun Fun.


There is also a new Accordion - the Ring Accordion Album and I think this is my favorite Accordion die yet!  The fly and lily dies come with Hoppy, the scalloped border comes with the Ring Accordion Album, and I easily created the lily pad by snipping out a wedge from one of the oval dies in the Katie Label Accordion.

 (What? A Katie Label ACCORDION???  Yessiree!).
 

I made a 2 panel card ...


and penned the words on a Katie Label Pivot decorator die.  Those flies are so much fun to add.



Here is the back of the card, when it is closed ...


And finally, views of the back and from the top!



Be sure to check out Karen Burniston's blog (click HERE) where she has photos of her first nine dies in the release.

Supplies used:
Circle Ornament Accordion - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Hoppy - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Katie Label Accordion (oval for lily) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Katie Label Pivot (label) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper - DCWV
Black Sharpie (freckles etc)
Wink of Stella
Chalks (cheeks)
Copic Markers (lily)

Thanks for stopping by today!



3 comments:

  1. such funny motive!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to see this card in "real life" :-) I had a great time at your demo Karen. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoppy looks happy to finally be able to be seen :) ... love this Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen