Saturday 14 June 2014

Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C240), Happy Bark Day

Good morning friends!

I had SO much fun making this card for Crazy 4 Challenges this week. We were challenged to use a stencil on our card. I know stencils are hot right now, but at this point I don't plan on jumping on that bandwagon. However, I do use hand-made cloud and ground stencils a fair bit so I pulled them out of the drawer. I cut mine from acetate so they last a nice long time and wipe clean easily with a baby wipe.

I also wanted to use Karen Burniston's House Pivot die, which you can get at  Elizabeth Craft Designs.  For this card though, I cut it so the fence was at the front and the house at the back.

This Paper Smooches dog stamp just makes me smile - I stamped him in black and coloured with Copic markers before fussy cutting and popping him up with foam tape. I also coloured the word balloons with Copics, wanting to practice my blending.


Once again I turned the house portion into a dog house. I just can't help myself! The background was done with a cosmetic sponge, dye inks and my acetate stencils, then I stamped the shadows and trees.


The fire hydrant was stamped separately and fussy cut so I could pop it up with foam tape.


I used one of the decorator dies that come with the Katie Label Pivot to cut the door in the dog house, then backed it with a scrap of brown card stock. The roof gables were popped up with foam tape, and the trees stamped and coloured with Copics.


This one is going into my stash as I have lots of family and friends who are dog-lovers. I'll have to choose who is getting this one as the occasions arrive.

We would sure love you to play along with the challenge, and link up your project. Be sure to check out what the rest of the Crazies have come up with for the challenge, at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.
Supplies used:
Card size: - 4-1/4" square
White card stock - Gina K
House Pivot - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Dot, Hat - Paper Smooches, Birthday Buddies
Bone - Paper Smooches, Dog Icons
Tree stamp - Paper Smooches, Spring Groves
Shadow stamps - Paper Smooches
Hydrant - The Alley Way Stamps
Brown cardstock - Bazzill scraps
Copic markers
Katie Label decorator die for dog house door - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Red card stock scraps
Woo Hoo - Just Saying, Stampin' Up
Word Bubble die - Stampin' Up
Wink of Stella

Thanks for stopping by today!


4 comments:

  1. what a very sweet little scene......anything with pooches make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love everything about this ... The colored word bubbles, fence in the front ... Oh I could go on and on... Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cute card Karen-I really like the scene you created and your cloud stencil is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- never before I saw such dies! Not here in germany!
    Your card is fantastic

    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen