Saturday 28 April 2012

Sewing Themed Birthday Card

This is the birthday card I made for my friend J, who is a whiz with a sewing machine. She loved it!


I only have a couple of these lovely card bases left - something else from my studio that I've had for years and years. They are about 5x7, and they are called "French Folded Deckle Edged Cards".  Which means, beautiful paper has been folded in half then in half again to form the note card, and the one edge is deckled. The matching envelope also has a deckle edge on the flap. Beautiful stuff.


I cut the scalloped panel and sewing machine with my Cricut (Heritage cartridge, I believe) and the little spools are a Tim Holtz Die that I got for Christmas.


I wrapped the kraft cut spools with cotton thread and popped them up for dimension. The word stamp inside is by Fiskars. I found a really fun birthday word stamp set when we were in Arizona and have been putting it to good use.

Thanks for stopping by today - have a great weekend.



1 comment:

  1. mmm the card base is so unusual but I love the effect, I saw some in a shop on Friday that were just a piece of handmade paper folded in half!! very rustic :0)
    Love the peachy shades and real thread around the spools.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen