Wednesday 11 April 2012

Cat Sympathy Card

I needed to send my Sister-In-Law a sympathy card on the loss of their  family cat. I don't have many cat stamps, and the ones I do are funny or goofy; images that appealed to me because of their character and those ones do NOT loan themselves to a respectful card. So, this is what I came up with ...


I used a 4x6 Hero Arts card - that came printed with this pretty water colour wash. I stamped the cat face (All Night Media?) in charcoal ink on a white card stock scrap then cut it out with a Nestability label. The edges were sponged with blue ink and brown. The leaves (Sizzix) were cut out of white card and sponged with the same blue ink for consistency.


The words are by Stampin' Up.  On the envelope,  I used two stamps - a vine and dots ... both are 'Stamps By Judith' images.  I like how soft it looks, fitting for the card itself.


Sympathy cards are sure no fun to make. They will miss their family pet for a long time.

Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

  1. this card willmake happy a person who likes cats!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arr how sweet of you Karen...it's so easy to forget how the loss of a pet affects people! I love your beautifully sensitive card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to hear how much you thought about this card Karen and I think you ended up with just the right thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen