Saturday 31 December 2011

Square Birthday Card

I mentioned earlier this month how much I liked the sketch FTL171 at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog. Here is another card I made using it:


This is a large 6" square card. The tree image was stamped with brown Momento ink and coloured with Copics, then cut out with a Nestability die. I left the die in place and stippled ink through the opening, to give it some additional colour.


The top green cardstock (Stampin' Up Pear Pizazz) and the bottom white portion of the card were embossed with an embossing folder, and the split colour panel was matted with (Stampin' Up's) Not Quite Navy. I used the same colour ink to stamp the words (Stampin' Up) then coloured the bottom words with a Copic marker.



Since these cards have to be hand delivered to avoid the additional postage required when mailing a square card, I added lots of foam tape.  I love using foam tape! I'm also loving my big 6.5" square envelopes!!



Thanks for stopping by today and wishing you all, a Happy and Healthy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I really like the way you alternated the embossing on the top and bottom panel - great effect! Wonderful CAS look to it!

    Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year and a lots of crafty goodness for you in 2012!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful card! Wish you all the best for 2012
    elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen